Last modified: July 14, 2023
Information We Collect And How We Collect It
The information we collect is used by the Company to identify users and provide them with Services, support, sales and marketing, billing, and to meet contractual obligations. While the Platform requires minimal personal information for its use, we do collect some types of information from and about users of the Platform, including:
Information needed to create a unique Platform account through which individual users can use the Platform and Services for their organization, such as name, email address, photo, and other information you voluntarily add to your Platform profile;
- Information needed to create a unique Platform account through which individual users can use the Platform and Services for their organization, such as name, email address, photo, and other information you voluntarily add to your Platform profile;
- Information about the organization or enterprise user that is subscribing to the Services for use inits business activities, such as name, address, tax ID number, and business type;
- Custom test cases entered into the Platform for use in the Services, which may include personal information if voluntarily entered by the user;
- Billing information used to pay for the Services, such as credit card information, address, and billing contact information;
- Outputs generated by users’ custom language models for use in the Services, which may include personal information;
- Information that is ascertained through our use of third-party applications, including but not limited to your user behavior and trends;
- Other information voluntarily entered by users, such as comments on test results, messages to other users within the same organization, and emails or other communications to the Company for support purposes; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Platform, andPlatform usage details.We collect this information in two ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as signing up for an account, entering information to test a language model, or commenting on a report within your organization’s Platform account.
A Note about User Contributions:
You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of thePlatform, or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third parties (collectively, “UserContributions”). Your User Contributions are only posted within your organization’s internal Platform account, so they can only be viewed by users who have been given access by your organization, but theyare still posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.Additionally, account administrators for each organization give access to the organization’s internalPlatform account in their sole discretion and we do not separately verify the veracity or credibility ofany Platform users. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.We reserve the right, at the Company’s sole discretion, to remove, either temporarily or permanently, any User Contribution for any reason whatsoever. However, our right to remove any User Contribution does not obligate the Company to police, review, or verify User Contributions in any way. The Company is not liable for any User Contributions.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To develop, modify, and improve the Platform and the Services.
- To provide the Platform and the Services to you, such as creating an account and profile for youand testing existing language models and any custom language models to which you provide us withaccess.
- For external and internal marketing purposes.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including torespond to user inquiries or technological issues or problems.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including billing, expiration, and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered intobetween you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Platform or any Services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information. All the data we collect on the Platform is necessary for the Company to deliver the Platform and theServices to you and other users. The amount of data we collect has been minimized wherever possible to respect your privacy.You can withdraw your consent at any time by discontinuing use of the Platform or contacting us at email@example.com to delete your account and information.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.Additionally, we may disclose information that we collect or you provide:
- To any third parties that own, host, and/or operate the existing and/or custom language modelsthat you wish to test for your organization.
- To other users in your organization who also have access to your organization’s internal Platformaccount.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization,dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concernor as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by the Companyabout the Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address touse the “email another user” feature of the Platform, we will transmit the contents of that email and youremail address to the recipients.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government orregulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of theCompany, our users, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.If you delete your User Contributions from the Platform, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Platform users.
The Platform uses third-party analysis and tracking services to track the performance of our Platform and Services, understand how you use the Platform and our Services, and offer you an improved and safer experience. By using these third party services, the Company is necessarily sharing your information with these third-party analysis and tracking service companies to receive their services.Information on your usage of our Services may be collected and processed by the Company or a third party engaged by the Company using a unique identification number assigned to you. Such usage information will be deleted as soon as practicable after this information is no longer required for the purpose collected.
Your Consent for Company Tracking and Analysis
By using the Platform and the Services you consent to the Company’s usage of cookies and the below third-party services on the Platform, and agree that the Company may collect your usage data under a unique identifier, for the purposes of tracking, analyzing, and improving our Services.You may withdraw your consent at any time, by either disabling cookies on your device or following the instructions on how to withdraw your consent individually for each third-party provider the Company uses for its third party tracking and analysis services, as described below.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use the third party service Amplitude on the Platform to capture user session data to understand howusers are using the Platform and the Services. With Amplitude, we track feature usage analytics, runexperiments, and measure user engagement and retention metrics. Amplitude processes yourinformation in accordance with our instructions and does not share it with third parties except if requiredto do so by law.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age and you are not allowed to use thePlatform or provide information on it if you are under 13 years of age. If we learn we have received personal information from or about a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) you may only use the Platform if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of the Platform has been provided to us.
Transferring Your Information
The Company is a worldwide service. By using the Platform, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access. For example, access by a user to his or her personal information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by the user. This information is encrypted through the Platform with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. We also use industry-standard, trusted services to create and manage users’ cryptographic keys. Also, we perform regular malware scanning of the Platform and all servers and computers used by us to support the Platform. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we doour best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on thePlatform.
You have options in relation to the information and data that we have about you. To exercise any of the options discussed below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a user of the Platform and theServices, you may exercise your user rights to:
1) Request information on your personal data processed by the Company. Upon your request, this information will be provided to you electronically. If you reside in the EU or Switzerland, you may access your information by sending a request to the Company at the address specified in “Contact Us”information below. If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.Such requests must be submitted in writing using the email address in the “Contact Us” section below.
2) Gain access to your information by requesting a backup of your data in a format that is readable by other companies or organizations (data portability). We will make an effort to share this information with you within a reasonable time.
3) Correct or delete your information in your profile settings available through the Services.
4) Withdraw your consent from data processing at any time by deleting your account and/or unsubscribing from our newsletter by clicking the link at bottom of the email. You may also email@example.com. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
5) Request the complete deletion of your data, including all past data sent to third-party services used for tracking and analysis, by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will be deleted within30 days. We will not delete the posts or comments you've written and shared publicly, including on social media or in any review.
6) Log a complaint with the relevant supervising authority if you believe the Company is processing your personal data under violation of applicable data protection regulations. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Third Party Links
The Platform may contain links that lead to other websites, and the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, and/or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Platform and welcome any feedback about these external websites.
Organization and Contact Information
Anand Kannappan, Representative - email@example.com
Rebecca Qian, Data Protection Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org