Forward Deployed Software Engineer
About Patronus AI
Patronus AI’s mission is to provide the security and risk management layer for AI. We are solving the problem of scalable oversight - how can humans continue to supervise AI systems when AI far outperforms them in many real world scenarios? Our vision is a world in which AI evaluates AI.Our founding team comes from top applied ML and research backgrounds, including Facebook AI Research (FAIR), Airbnb, Meta Reality Labs, and quant finance. As a team, we have published research papers at top ML conferences (NeurIPS, EMNLP, ACL), designed and launched Airbnb’s first conversational AI assistant, pioneered causal inference at Meta Reality Labs, exited a quant hedge fund backed by Mark Cuban, and scaled 0→1 products at high growth startups. We are backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners and high profile operators like Amjad Masad, Gokul Rajaram, and Fortune 500 executives and board members. We are advised by Douwe Kiela, Adjunct Professor at Stanford University and former Head of Research at HuggingFace.
As a Forward Deployed Software Engineer at Patronus AI, you will work closely with customers to learn about their problems and implement
In this role, you will:
- Apply creativity, analytical ability, and technical skills to solving key AI problems for customers
- Set up and walk through custom product demos to showcase platform capabilities to prospective customers
- Create example scripts, develop custom evaluation datasets, build custom web apps, and write technical docs to educate customers on how to use the platform
- Guide customers on best practices for LLM evaluation and advise them on AI strategy
- Write technical blog posts and evangelize the product and company on social media and at community events
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in sales, product, engineering, ML to drive roadmap direction and hit key commercial milestones
“The number one qualification to succeed in this machine learning course is gumption” - John Lafferty, CS Professor at Yale
Above all, we look for a proactive mindset, willingness to learn, relentless drive, and passion for working hands-on with customers. You are a great fit if you have a background in the following:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Strong engineering background, preferably in machine learning or data science
- Experience with programming languages like Python, Java, C++, or similar
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS
- Excellent communication and analytical problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel to customers if needed
- Have good character, integrity, and respect for others!
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Fun global offsites!
Patronus AI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.