Lead Software Engineer
About Patronus AI
Patronus AI’s mission is to provide the security and risk management layer for AI. We are solving the problem of scalable oversight - how can humans continue to supervise AI systems when AI far outperforms them in many real world scenarios? Our vision is a world in which AI evaluates AI.Our founding team comes from top applied ML and research backgrounds, including Facebook AI Research (FAIR), Airbnb, Meta Reality Labs, and quant finance. As a team, we have published research papers at top ML conferences (NeurIPS, EMNLP, ACL), designed and launched Airbnb’s first conversational AI assistant, pioneered causal inference at Meta Reality Labs, exited a quant hedge fund backed by Mark Cuban, and scaled 0→1 products at high growth startups. We are backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners and high profile operators like Amjad Masad, Gokul Rajaram, and Fortune 500 executives and board members. We are advised by Douwe Kiela, Adjunct Professor at Stanford University and former Head of Research at HuggingFace.
As a Lead Software Engineer at Patronus AI, you will contribute to a product that is addressing one of the most important and challenging problems facing society’s adoption of AI today. You will work in a fast-paced environment in which you will lead all stages of product development from an engineering perspective: conception, system design, implementation, polish, and maintenance.
In this role, you will:
- Lead product engineering efforts in several ways: roadmapping, releases processes, eng sizing, technical design reviews, and more
- Build high performance user interfaces for the product, such as LLM evaluation workflows, advanced analytics, search, and data visualizations
- Seamlessly integrate frontend with backend using GraphQL and REST APIs
- Consider everything a ‘work in progress’. Constantly polish existing features and iterate on customer feedback
- Closely collaborate with cross-functional partners in software engineering, design, product, ML, and sales
“The number one qualification to succeed in this machine learning course is gumption” - John Lafferty, CS Professor at Yale
Above all, we look for a proactive mindset, willingness to learn, relentless drive, and passion for engineering and product. You are a great fit if you have a background in the following:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Experience in a tech lead role in a new 0-1 category
- Strong track record of successfully shipping new products to market at lightning speed
- Experience with modern UI frameworks like React
- Experience with backend frameworks like FastAPI or Django
- Experience with databases like PostgreSQL and API platforms like Hasura and Postman
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS
- Preferably previous experience with ML
- Have good character, integrity, and respect for others!
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Fun global offsites!
Patronus AI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.